Sunday, January 9, 2011

Neurotic turned useful

I am a hoarder...I admit it. I do not hoard live animals and turn them into dead or mummified animals, so I will cut myself some slack. I also do not have fecal matter lying around, so thus far, I may avoid being on TV. This weekend, I turned my neurosis in a positive direction and cleaned and purged like a freaking loon. My kids were playing so well together and my husband was playing with his new Jeep, otherwise, none of this would have been possible. It was crazy....I needed to be. Things have gotten out of control. The bad...or good thing is, I cannot turn it off. It is killing me to sit here and type, but I am tired and need to wind down. I was so crazy yesterday that I had to force myself to stop so that I could feed my kiddos lunch at 2pm! It feels so good to have accomplished something! My guest room is no longer a piled up dumping ground for things that need to leave the home. There is still some work to do, but it looks like a guest room and it feels good. I made a lot of trash out of what was on my desk too. As a matter of fact, I am typing on my laptop on my desk for the first time ever. I pray I can wake up for a 3rd day of this motivation...it is unlikely, but I did not expect a day 2, so I am ahead of the game. I need to turn the crazy on the boy's room and the down stairs. Got the girl's room yesterday at the beginning of the scurry. I like the purge. It feels good. I really do hate the piles and the clutter. I hate when they get the upper hand but it felt good to take control. Unfortunately, I likely gained 10 pounds during the purge as i purge better with beer. LOL! Oh well, as long as the job gets done...right?
I cannot end this post without mentioning my sweet kiddos. They rock! I have said it before and I pray that I can say it til the day I die. They are awesome and I love them more than words can say. This weekend would have been amazing without getting so much done. I loved listening to them play together all day yesterday. It was like the days of my youth playing in our playroom until we had to pee or eat or were forced to go to bed. It was awesome. The boy sounds bad with his pneumonia cough, but he had fun with his sister and she was a great sister. I love it. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: