Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What is wrong with people?!

The news is so disturbing this week that I cannot shake it from my brain. I am sickened and saddened and confused by people I do not even want to understand. In my home town last night, not far from where my mother lives, an 18 year old stabbed a 4 year old to death with a pair of scissors...in the 4 year old's own room...where his 6 year old brother was also. The assailant also attacked the pregnant mother as she tried to save her child. How does this happen?! How do you ever feel safe in your own home again? How will this poor woman go on and give her surviving children a feeling of safety in the world now that she knows there is none? And this is only ONE of the stories that has me physically ill. Another woman put her 10 day old infant in the washing machine and ran it. WTH?! And do not get me started on the sick people allowed to work in day care. Thank you, God, for a life that allows me to be home with my babies. Please give me the strength to send them into the world and not home school them out of fear. Keep them safe from sick, crazy people. Help me to teach them that the world is still full of love and kindness, even if I am doubting it. God, please be with the victims in these horrible tragedies, like only You can. Amen

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, they all just need a taste of their own medicine. Where's good ol' Hammurabi's "eye for an eye" when you need it?!?!? Thankfully those in the prison community have a hierarchy, too, and those who abuse children are the lowest of the low. Here's to shanking!