Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oooh....double post day

The rare double post day! Aren't I chatty?! Life is good. Even when we forget briefly, it is good. Think about it for a while. I think you will agree that we have it pretty good. Yesterday was GREAT! It was a regular day really, but that is good too. My son was happy to go to school, my daughter was happy to go to school, my husband is getting better, I got a 20 minute nap...good day. Then it went to great...I was making the stew my husband had requested last week...this was good in itself because A) stew = thoughts of Grandma = happy warmth in my soul and 2) when I make stew, I do not have to cook for 3 more days = woo hoo! I digress...I do that...so, I am making the stew, the windows are open, my music is blaring and the spousal unit calls his daily afternoon call and says, "What are your plans for tonight?" "Well, I am making stew and the girl has a little homework and I assume that you will be watching the Cowboys on Monday Night Football, so I have no real plans...why?" Then the sun shone a little brighter, the angels began to sing a beautiful chorus and birds crashed into my window trying to light on my arms as that beautiful man said, " I was thinking we could pick up Sonic in the Jeep and take the kids to the park and enjoy the weather. I had a bad day and I do not want to come home and just sit." Well...because I am old enough to know that Sonic is a Drive In and not a blue hedge hog type game creature...I was in! Everyone knows that stew is tastier on day 2 anyway and this means I may not have to cook again until some time next week. WIN! It was the perfect evening for a Jeep ride and evening in the park. We ate at the picnic tables and the kids played on the playground equipment and we threw the football...it was very Norman Rockwell. On the Jeep ride back home the boy wished aloud that we could feed the neighborhood ducks for "just a minute" as they were out and, to him, looked very hungry. :) I agreed...with limits...knowing they would be blown out of the water. They kids and I grabbed the bread and headed through the neighbor's gate. The ducks flocked on over and gobbled up every scrap of bread and delighted the children. Neighbors were eating on their back porch...so of course we crashed their meal and said hello. The kids played with the dogs...I drank a little wine and we ran away. It was fun. Back home for a little Dallas Cowboy football and couch cuddles was the perfect end to the day. I put the kiddos to bed and tidied up the kitchen and turned in early myself., tired and content. These are the days to remember and cling to. This is living at its finest. Today is looking pretty good too. We were going to have an "at home day" but have been invited to feed ducks at the park with new friends...jumped on that opportunity. We will be iced in soon enough. These pretty days are numbered...the house will wait...it has been waiting for years already. One more day won't kill anyone. Enjoy your day, people!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a special day! Those are the days that memories are built on - grab 'em fast!