Sunday, August 15, 2010

My precious first born

So, my daughter is cleaning her room today...not because I asked her to, not because her father demanded it. We got home form a weekend with the family and she just decided to do it. She comes down the stairs and asks for a bag. I take it up and she has decided to rid her room of 30 stuffed animals and an entire trash bag of toys. WOW! Stuffed animals somehow hold her soul and we recently thinned the herd by an entire trash bag already, so this is very unexpected. When I question her motives to get a feel for whether this is temporary and will be reconsidered within the next 24 hours or real she says to me...in all seriousness..."It's not that I don't love my stuff, Mommy...I can't help it. It is the way God made me, with a heart to give." WOW. She is amazing and for real. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I got so lucky twice. My kids amaze and inspire me. I hope o be them when I grow up. We are now looking for the proper charity to donate the beloved items. They must go to children who need them. This is the rule of their former owner. Man, did I mention that I love her? Did I also mention how hard I had to giggle at her nearly 4 year old brother? He is not yet as enlightened and deeply in the age of "if I see it, I must have it and will figure out later whether I want it or not." It was KILLING him to see his sister purge her room of once precious worldly goods. He was more than happy to offer his room as a new home to the now homeless items. Bless his heart.

No comments: